Thursday, May 15, 2008

Paired Magic...


I few months ago I was in Seattle on business and while I was there I drove down along the edge of Pudget Sound. I am finding that quite often there are little wild spots that are nestled in the middle of the city. They seem to abound with wildlife, calm, and serenity in the midst of so much civilized madness. So I try and seek them out now when I am traveling. While there, I discovered this little park that had a walking trail curving around and through it. It was small, but very undeveloped, with fallen trees and rough bushes all over it. I was sitting off the edge of the path trying to take some picture and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. On looking closer I discovered that it was a raccoon. I moved closer and found out there was two of them! They climbed a tree nearby and played around up there for probably a half an hour in plain view. I got my long lens and moved right under the tree to take pictures. They watched me, and eventually they got sick of the spotlight, came down, and scampered off. It seemed almost as though they had posed for me, and I felt like it was one of those magic moments.

No comments: