Friday, September 5, 2008

The Colosseum...

Let's switch gears for a moment here. This is the Colosseum in Rome. I was there for four days and there was one photo that I was really after, and that was of the Colosseum. I guess it was because my dad always used to talk about how he visited it when he was a young man. Anyway, I spent a while getting this shot. As is normal, I found the spot the day before and came back the next evening and set up early and waited for the light.

The Colosseum was a lot different then I expected it to be. I just never realized that it was so surrounded by the city. A busy road drives almost all the way around it. I was in a taxi cab and as we were driving along, all of a sudden there it was. It just sort of jumped out at me.
-----

Other shots from Italy:

No comments: